Monday, August 31, 2015

Indy Championship Race ~ SONOMA, CA ~ The beginning of our journey....

INDY RACE SONOMA
Our first trip was to the Indy Race in Sonoma to cheer on our friends, Graham Rahal & Colin Thompson. It's not exactly historical but I did learn that you can't fly your drone when it's windy.  And it was REALLY windy!  My dad bought me a drone for the road trip that takes pictures and video.  I will post some soon but not of the race.  Graham didn't win because another car spun him out from behind when he only had a couple more laps to go but our friend Colin took first place!!!  We are just really happy that no one got hurt. My favorite part of the trip was watching the airshow and the parachuters, who landed on the start line.  I also loved seeing big hawks fly over us in the mornings. It was a fun first trip in our RV!  

To see more fun photos of Sonoma you can click on our facebook link:

Our friend Colin Thompson doing an interview after winning the Championship!
CONGRATULATIONS COLIN!!!!!!!






The Blue Angels entertained us with an AMAZING air show for over 20 minutes.

These were cool older airplanes too!


Scott Dixon, who won the Indy race, signed the back of my shirt. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment